Many of us have received training to develop key technical skills. Meanwhile, so-called "soft skills" are assumed to be innate--you either have them or you don't. As a result, many schools and employers don't provide soft-skill training especially when it comes to leadership.
Oddly enough, these "soft skills" are the very skills that studies show to be the key ingredient to successful leadership. But unlike technical skills, leadership and emotional intelligence cannot be taught on a didactic basis. It can only be taught through experiential learning. As a result, EXLI's 1-on-1 Training engages individuals in an experiential learning process that helps them to improve their emotional intelligence making them more efficient and effective contributor to organizational goals. Additionally, EXLI's 1-on-1 Training goes beyond developing simple "management" skills, it helps individuals develop the leadership skills necessary to overcome previous obstacles to performance. Finally, our 1-on-1 Training can help individuals more effectively manage important life transitions such as a new job, career change, on the job performance problems, family transitions, divorce, or relocation.
Specifically, our 1-on-1 Training program provides:
- Participant takes the Emotional Quotient Inventory 2.0 (EQ-I 2.0®) self-assessment
- Debrief with EXLI coach to accurately interpret EQ-I 2.0® results
- Define specific behavior/habit change goals
- Participant receives ongoing coaching from EXLI to implement behavior change into daily activities
- Greater self-awareness of which behaviors to change and why
- Deeper understanding of how these specific habitual behaviors are impacting performance
- Clear road-map for addressing challenging behaviors
- Sustained support to help integrate learning into practical